Wednesday, July 16, 2008


SIX RANDOM THINGS...
I'm responding to Michelle's JULY 4TH tag. So here goes:
1. I love clean sheets, towels and the smell of rain. I love to wash blankets and comforters and hang them outside to dry and then snuggle them.
2. I usually shower in about 2 and 1/2 to 3 minutes, and like to turn off the water while I soap up. This is not because I am GREEN or conserving water, but because I don't want to rinse until I'm through washing. (How do I know how long my showers are? I was challenged by Jules to time myself (and her) and I did and she took about 9 minutes but may have been shaving :)
3. I am an avid fan of acupuncture and have been going since October. This, (coming from someone who as a child cried all the way to the doctor because I just knew I was going to get a shot), is amazing to me.
4. I have a serious compulsion to buy children's books; the problem is now I can't remember if I have already bought them or not, which sometimes leads to me having two and then gifting one to a deserving soul.
5. I am in need of 1 but possibly 2 lip gloss flip phones. I simply can't refuse when my 4 yr. old Emily says" Grandma, what are you doing tomorrow? Put this on your list. See if you can find my lip gloss flip phone" (that she left here last summer...) I've tried several dollar stores, Kings, etc. A reward may be offered.
6. You are never too old to be hit on even if it is on the phone. I received a text on my cell asking me if this was Amy. I responded, "No, sorry." He said "What's your name? I'm Julian?" I said, "No, sorry, it's not Amy - it's Marilyn". He said,"oh, haha my bad. But that's a beautiful name. I don't mind stayin in touch; want a picture? I don't mind". I ignored him; next text "I'm a drummer, I'm 22, a published poet..and model..you?" I ignored him again. Next text from him "How old are u?" Finally - I texted back "NOT INTERESTED, MARRIED, OLD, AND HAPPY!!! GOOD-BYE!!!... No more texts from him. But I have his number if anyone is looking for a 22 year old published poet, drummer and model. :) :) :)

8 comments:

Anna said...

love your list. I'll keep my eye out for the lip gloss. Love the texts. Some people, that's hilarious!!! Your blog looks great!!

grandma blair said...

Your list is so good, I too love clean sheets and the smell of rain, but it has to be the first rain, I guess I love the smell of wet dirt. I am sure if your texter saw you he would still be interested.

Michelle said...

Way to flirt it up Aunt Marilyn!! I too will keep an eye out for a lip gloss flip cell phone. I think I have seen them at wal mart. Good Luck

Cindy said...

Those were great. Thanks for sharing. And I know I have bought a $1 pink lipgloss flip phone at Target before, but not sure if they still have them.

Suz said...

I was laughing out loud when I read about the text messages! Too funny.

Sher said...

That is hilarious - talk about a pushy, desperate man!! The song "so much cooler online" just came to mind - yeah, right, he's a model!!

Michelle said...

So I "googled" cell phone lip gloss and alot of places that carry it are party stores so there is an option. Or you can buy it online there were some 4-packs for 5 bucks. Good Luck!!

Misty said...

ok that was so funny about your text situation. I got one from a girl asking me what I was doing for valentines once. Its fun to toy with them LOL. But I loved your answer!