Monday, April 07, 2008

SEVEN THINGS YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT ME, AND MAYBE DON'T CARE TO KNOW...
OK, Anna, you asked for it.
#1. When I was little, my mom found me outside knee-deep in a mud hole full of water. I was completely naked but having a great time. I think I was about 3 but could have been 9 or 10. :) Lindsay inherited this fondness for being naked and ran through Yeager's sprinklers without her suit at an early age.
#2. In about 4th grade, my best friend Janet and I let Michael F. and Bruce T. find out we were staying after school so they could chase us (and maybe try to kiss us). When they caught us and tried to kiss us on the cheek, we acted shocked and slapped them.
#3. I went to a "hop" at Clearfield High for my 1st date with Carl. When he called to ask me, I was already hanging out with my friend Alene, her friend Richard, and Robert, a guy I had been dating (a little). So I just told them I had a date with Carl Blair and I had to go. They didn't take it well, but it worked out well for me.
#4. I twirled the baton in parades from Roy to Brigham when I was about 8 years old. I wore a glittery, sequined costume. I must have been a vision to behold...
#5. Carl and I took disco dancing lessons when I was 24. After our 6 lessons, we went to the Upper Level disco in Clearfield one Fri. night and discovered the music was 100% faster than anything we had practiced with.
#6. In Hawaii, I had my picture taken with Rihanna when Smith's flew us there to see her concert. We didn't know who she was, so we went out to dinner instead of going to the concert.
#7. I am safety certified with Utah State Off Highway Vehicles to drive a 4-wheeler. No Kidding!

11 comments:

Anna said...

That was so good Marilyn, I did not know any of those about you. Unlike mine, everyone keeps telling me they knew everything about me.
You will have to teach me to twirl a baton. And thanks for your kind words, we are very excited.

Cindy said...

These are so fun to read and learn new things about people you are already supposed to "know." That's fun you got to go to Hawaii again, and honestly, even if you had known who Rihanna was, you probably still would have opted for a nice dinner date instead. :)

Michelle said...

yea aunt Marilyn. What an exciting life full of boys, glitter, and batons. I would love to see you do a performance to dancing queen with carl.
I didn't know any of those things about you. GOOD JOB!!

Jared said...

Yes, I'm reading blogs at work! Nice list...however you left out all the pictures of these events ;). I think we deserve a picture of you and Carl in your disco outfits! Maybe you could show us some moves on July 4th before the parade starts...my mom used to twirl for Roy High, she could start a club with you. Thanks for sharing.

Sher said...

Disco lessons??! Who knew there was such a thing?? I really need to see some moves - from BOTH of you!!!

Sharon Blair said...

Way to go Marilyn, I thought I knew you well, the only thing I knew was about the picture with Rihanna. You are amazing, baton twirling, who would have thougt?
Thanks for sharing.

Max said...

Great..
#1 explains all the birthday cards you give. Were they really pictures of you?

Jules said...

Mom,
I think I knew all 7 things...but wew, when they're all put together like that it gives quite an imagine...sequined baton-twirling--boy kissing wonder that you are! ;)i love you! AND i've even SEEN you in disco clothes...and you look great in them!

Mom B said...

You are all so kind - and Max - they might have been - who wants to know? The disco moves are now in the vault never to be released, and Jules - you look fabulous in disco clothes as I remember:)

Misty said...

Marilyn, you rock....thats all I have to say about that. =)

LiNdsay said...

Mom your the Bomb.com. Really! Mollie said to tell you SHUT UP PAULA! Love, Your favorite..... Linds